Friday, June 12, 2009

After the Mayor's 1k

Wow! The 1k race was really fun! I got 5th place out of everyone there! It really helped that I've been practicing! I'm really very proud of myself. After I finished I got a medal that said 'Sartell Summer Fest, Kids 1k Run' on it. It's really cool! One thing that I'm really dissapointed about the Apple Kid Duathalon is that I got a really cool medal for the Summer Fest 1k race, and got a stupid 'Participation' ribbon for the real, large, known, name-branded Apple Kid Duathalon! After the race, my dad said that he was really excited to see me in the front of all the kids! He even gave me a trophy he got engraved! It was so sweet! It ingraved;
KAYLA OLSON
2009 OLSON FAMILY
RUNNING CHAMP
Some people may think that's a little bit cheesy, but I think it's still very sweet of him! :D My dad and I are looking for other races for me to participate in.
Tommorow is the Sartell Summer Fest Parade where they throw all sorts of candy, bands play, and there are all sorts of floats and cool, decorated trucks and cars! Cira is even coming, too! I can't wait for the parade and the rest of the Sartell Summer Fest! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment