Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Welcome-back Gift

Whenn I got back from my grandma's and Joanie's, (where I stayed for three days) I unpacked and got ready for the next day's Rapids River Food Fest, Ducky races, and even a camping trip in my backyard!
The next day I woke up, and went to go eat a breakfast of a Food Club toaster pastry. After breakfast, my brother and sister went downstairs to play games until Lexie had to go to her Art As You Like it birthday party for her friend Julia. Then I went up, and ate lunch with my pajamas on. My mom told me to go get dressed after lunch, so I went in my room, and listened to my I-pod loud, and watched my least favorite TV show, The Suite Life: On Deck. When I was done with making my bed, and getting dressed, it was allready 5:00. Suddenly, my mom called for dinner. We had hot dogs and chips fpr dinner. After dinner we went to the Food Fest and Ducky Races. There, we waded in the water, and waited for the duckies to start. When they started, it looked like a giant, yellow, bumble bee was floating the water. There were over 1,100 duckies bought! My number was 158, and I was hoping for some luck to get 1-8th place, or last place, which also wins. When the duck names were called, all I remember is, first was number 1028, and last was number 4. Our family didn't win, but we still like to go there every year. After, we went to Dairy Queen for something to eat, instead of the really greasy, fattening food, there. I got a ice cream cup, and Laxie and Evan got chocolate sundaes. We went home after that, and went to go set-up in our tent that we put up after dinner. I got comfortable, and eventually fell asleep after watching Kung Fu Panda, (the movie I hate, and my sister loves) on our portable DVD player. We had a very peaceful night of sleep. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment